It was a wet and cool Monday morning in which, it was also the last day of my kids’ winter break so, I had taken the day off of work to spend with them. Wanting to use up the rest of our Granny Smith apples and blueberries my eldest son chose Apple Fritters from our Kid Approved Cookbook by Taste Of Home.
With some tweaks and modifications we give you:
Simple Fritters For You
Yields @ 20 Fritters
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup non-fat dry milk powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups peeled & chopped apples
1/2 cup blueberries
Oil for deep-fat frying
(1) Combine dry ingredients and stir in eggs and water; this is a doughy recipe so, do not mix too much as it will lessen the binding.
(2) Fold in apples and blueberries.
(3) Heat oil in a skillet to 375°F and drop batter by tablespoonfuls a few at a time into the hot oil. If you want around 40 smaller fritters than drop by teaspoonful.
(4) Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
(5) Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Serve warm.