Proofing Basket By Carenoble
I have been making my own bread for years from sweet to artisan and I admit to using a plastic or sometimes metal bowl with a towel on top while I await my dough to rise.
Time to step it up a notch in the professional arena with a proofing bowl. Made from Rattan Cord; a type of palm. Very nice design; can see where the tacks connect the rows (it is the tiny hole that can be seen) and is 7 3/4” diameter on top with a 3” diameter base. The rows predominantly have finite gaps between them; it is not a flush system design on purpose.
Why am I using a proofing basket? Gives my bread a traditional artisan look plus, can also be used to store bread.
How to use?
(1) Evenly coat inside the basket with flour
(2) Place dough in basket until it is completely fermented to fit the basket
(3) Turn over the basket to take the dough out
(4) Transfer dough onto a baking sheet and bake the bread
(5) Simply wash / rinse the basket with warm water and let completely air dry
** Be mindful of the stainless steel tacks getting too wet also
I do plan on getting a rounded liner specifically for banneton proofing baskets; helps make a smoother crust in my opinion.
Disclosure: I received this product discounted however; this in no way influenced my review. I only write honest reviews regardless of whether I purchased a product at full price, at a discount, or received it free.